Friday, June 16, 2006

BlogNYC's Official Reply to Stephanie Adams' Attorney Martin Siegel

Check out the Stephanie Adams archives for the full backstory leading up to this letter.

VIA EMAIL ONLY AS WE ARE TOO LAZY TO ACTUALLY MAIL THIS
Mr. Martin Siegel
Brown Rudnick Berlack Israels LLP
7 Times Square
New York, New York 10036

RE: Stephanie Adams vs. BlogNYC

Dear Mr. Siegel,

I am not an attorney but I will be acting as one on my own behalf until I find one I can pay in hugs and karma. While this is James Poling, the blogger, I am acting as James Poling the lawyer and ask that you refrain from any further correspondence with my client, James Poling the blogger. As you can see by new e-mail address, james.the.lawyer@gmail.com, I will now only accept any correspondence from you through that e-mail address. It really helps us keep things straight around here. Any correspondence to any other email address will not be acknowledged.

You claim that we claim to "own" Ms. Adams and we in turn claim that that claim is utterly preposterous. Not only is it illegal to own people, we find even the suggestion morally reprehensible, and even if you could own people, which thank God you cannot, we would never, ever own Ms. Adams.

You furthermore claim that we claim that Ms. Adams communicated with us personally, again, we claim that your claim is absolutely without merit. Although we may have unknowingly communicated with her and just not known it, you may be on to something there. According to Amazon.com her Book GODDESSY: 2007 Psychic Reading Predictions for Every Astrological Birth Sign claims that "Unlike most horoscopes or readings, these predictions apply to every individual, regardless of religion, race, sex or sexual preference. You know your past. You know your present. Allow me to tell you your future. GODDESSY is the first ever to bring you Yearly Psychic Reading Predictions in a book format." If she could do that, it is quite possible that we have unknowingly communicated with her on a level which we can not yet comprehend.

You say that Ms. Adams has authorized you to commence legal action against my client, James Poling the blogger. That makes us laugh as we will demonstrate here...lol...lol...lol. My client is a very busy and very important blogger and does not have the time to be pretending to be his own lawyer.

If you feel from what you have said that you actually have a case against my client (which is actually me the blogger) then not only do I fear for the well being of your law firm, I say bring it on. My client is a good and decent citizen, for the most part, and will not be intimidated into giving up his right to free speech by a woman who claims to be a "Sorceress" and uses bullying lawyers to try and intimidate people with her baseless lawsuits.

Good day to you Sir.

I said Good day to you Sir!

Very Truly Yours,

James Poling (the lawyer)


*DISCLAIMER: I am not in any way a lawyer, but for the context of this letter I play one since I am technically still representing myself.

No comments: